[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Water changes start growth

On Sat, 8 Jun 1996 15:39:01 -0400, Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com
wrote:

>following a water change, photosynthasis (sp?) is like super
>charged. Bubbles pour out from plants throughout the aquarium! This
>continues for about a day and each passing day slows down until
>very few bubbles are being produced.

Here is my GUESS!  The bubbles are O2 because the photosynthesis is
very active.  Before the water change it was limited by some nutrient
that is in pretty good supply in your water.  My guess would be iron,
but it could be any micronutrient.  I once had a situation where my
water would spurt bubbles (from unicellular algae in the water) when
I added the iron solution.  It could be a macronutrient (NPKS) but I
doubt it.   If it is a macronutrient, it is probably K.   Dave

Dave Gomberg, Experimenta      San Francisco CA USA   gomberg at wcf_com