[Prev][Next][Index]

Brown Otocinclus

Karen wrote:

You'll have to be a little more specific than that, there are at
least several species of Otocinclus.  One type that has been
coming in under the name "O. flexis" (but probably isn't) has
turned out to be a plant eater and fin nipper.  Is that what
you're hinting at?

	I know that the fish is not a O. flexis - I have owned one
before. BTW, my flexis was very docile and never hurt anything - plants
included. That fish was hard to find.
	The fish I have now is NOT a flexis. It is EXTREMELY jumpy and I
have had a hard time getting a good look at it in my tank. I don't think
that this fish would be able to harm anything from the way it seems to
act. Anyway, what are some species of oto that fit the short desciption I
gave. Again, I know it is not a O. affinis or O. Flexis.
	I have not seen it "at work" and I will keep everyone posted on
its algae eating abilities and any negative points. I will try to
identify it as soon as possible.

					Alok

P.S. I guess I am getting ahead of myself by reading the archives before
the Digest comes out... Excuse any redundancies.