From: "KNIGHT ROBERT LEO" <RLKNIGHT at rex_smumn.edu>
To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 1996 14:16:27 GMT-6
Subject: help with improving my plant setup

i am trying to be a budget aquariest, because i have no money,
because i am still in college.  so i was first off wondering if
anyone could give me some advice or confirm my current procedures as
beneficial to my tank.

here's my setup: 90 gallon fw
    fish
        7 red breasted pirnaha (3-4.5")
        1 pleco (7")

    plants
        8+ crypts (various species)
        12+ vallisneria (corkscrew and giant)
        6 amazon swords
        6+ swords grasses
        1 apongo

    filters
        1 fluval (403 with media and sponge)
        1 power head (hooked to diy co2)

    lights
        4 40W flourescent bulbs

    fertilizers
        from garden store for house plants,
        no chlorine, approx other:
            16% nitrogen
            4%  phosphoric acid
            11% potash

    also i have seen some people offerin free plant clippings.  if i
could have some that would be greatly appreciated. :) also those of
you that have the skill to need to weed your tank if you have the
time could you send me a message detailing your setup.

thanks,
        rob
        rlknight at rex_smumn.edu