-----Original Message-----
From: aquatic-plants-bounces at actwin_com
[mailto:aquatic-plants-bounces at actwin_com] On Behalf Of TBarber
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2007 9:34 PM
To: aquatic plants digest
Subject: Re: [APD] The Chinese problem

The reason supposedly was that melamine is a cheap filler that  registers on
tests as protein.  Therefore they could spike the stuff with melamine and
sell a lower protein content protein meal (gluten is wheat protein).    I
saw very few pets while I was in china.   One cat, one dog.   Most other
poor areas I have been to are over run with feral cats. I don't think the
plant manager was all that concerned about it.