Re: [APD] The Krib

> But have you been to rec.aquaria or alt.aquaria lately? In the past five
> years? Alt aquaria I think is closed, but if its still open it hasn't had
> any new posts in years. rec.aquaria plants is full of porno posts, off topic
> flames, and radical  political crap. Last time I was there I could not find
> a plant post going back several months. It has become completely corrupt,
> obscene, and obsolete.

When an old warehouse is no longer functional, the vermin move in.
The newsgroup has not become corrupted as much as the new generation
of aquarists seek alternative means of communication.

> Ten years ago I thought the KRIB was out of date. Very rarely do I hear any
> one discuss or refer people to the KRIB any more.  It use to be the first
> place people reffered anyone to. I don't think it is a big deal, its just a
> reflection on how things have changed in the last ten years. This hobby has
> grown in leaps and bounds. There are more hobbyists today than ever before,
> but they are not going to the same  places  on the internet to get
> information as they did 8 or ten years ago.

Honestly dude, I don't see what you have against Erik.

As for the hobby growing, the hobby has grown in mostly negative ways.
 The PLANT part of the hobby has grown in leaps and bounds, as for the
fish, it has just become another globalist, corporatist scheme to make
as much money as possible as fast as possible.

I don't know how many times I went into petsmart and had to tell the
nubile fish department slave that the oscars were eating the fancy
danios.  What's the ratio of poor dying goldfish per city street sewer
these days?  And I'm not even joking.

I don't even go into petsmart anymore now that I've learned that the
rodent department suffers from the same neglect and abuse as the
aquarium department does.

Moishe