At 08:52 AM 10/18/07 -0800, you wrote:
>>>I now just mainly stick to sites like the krib (Which is still very
>useful), I used to post on rec.aquaria.freshwater.* and alt.aquaria,
>and just read reference books like Axelrod's thick fish reference
>guide.<<
>
>But have you been to rec.aquaria or alt.aquaria lately? In the past five
>years? Alt aquaria I think is closed, but if its still open it hasn't had
>any new posts in years. rec.aquaria plants is full of porno posts, off topic
>flames, and radical  political crap. Last time I was there I could not find
>a plant post going back several months. It has become completely corrupt,
>obscene, and obsolete.

Thre's really no such thing as closed on usenet. Just atrophy.

>Ten years ago I thought the KRIB was out of date. Very rarely do I hear any
>one discuss or refer people to the KRIB any more.  It use to be the first
>place people reffered anyone to. I don't think it is a big deal, its just a
>reflection on how things have changed in the last ten years. This hobby has
>grown in leaps and bounds. There are more hobbyists today than ever before,
>but they are not going to the same  places  on the internet to get
>information as they did 8 or ten years ago.

I see the krib refernced all the time still.

It's possibe to read rec.aquaria.* with a good killfile, it's been
taken over by trolls that spilled out from some rec.ponds blood feud.

I managed to negotiate a truce a year ago last february but it only
lasted a month.

--

  X   AGAINST HTML MAIL    / http://new.killi.net
 / \  AND POSTINGS        / http://images.aquaria.net