Re: [APD] CO2 systems

Here are a couple of things that you don't have to have but they sure  make
the hobby a little better for me.

I have had and still have and us the Clippard needle valves, they work and
will run you CO2 system fine but to me they are a real pain to adjust. So if
you  have the money I would suggest the B-SS4 needle valve from Swagelok, they
are by far more precise and easier to adjust. They have saved me a lot of
aggravation.

Also I always find it comforting to have a 2nd cylinder of CO2 on hand for
when your tank goes empty. I have a wife and kids and a lot of times it just
not  that easy to take off and have a tank filled right away.

Again you don't have to have these but they do make the hobby  simpler.

As far as the CO2 misting goes you can get a limewood airstone and pump  your
CO2 into it, then have the fine bubbles from the limewood airstone feed  into
a powerhead intake. This will chop the bubbles up even more and  disperse
them throughout your tank.  I have my powerhead flowing in to  a black piece of
PVC with holes in it that runs along the back of my tank.

I wouldn't overlook a reactor, it may be that you prefer the tank look
without all of the tiny bubbles floating round. I run both at the same time but
you don't need to but it also gives you the option to turn the bubbles of if you
 are planning on guest and would like your tank to look it's best.

Bill