Cheers

Bruce (Hansen)

ANGFA (Qld) Inc - http://www.angfaqld.org.au/
----- Original Message ----- >> Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 20:47:06 -0800
From: "Laura F. Garcia" <lfigarcia at speakeasy_net>
Subject: Re: [APD] Re: Duckweed
To: aquatic plants digest <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>

I have 6 New Guinea red rainbows.  Today I added duckweed to their
tank.  The big cow of a female (biggest of
the six; I'm guessing it's a female) was grazing steadily on it soon.
None of the others seemed to pay it any
attention.

It looks like 2 of the six are males, judging by their color.  One of
them is really bossy.  It is continually driving
the other colorful one away.  I have the impression that he doesn't like
competition.  Is that normal for
rainbows?  I am concerned that it will stress the other one out.  I
thought they would all school together.