Re: [APD] Swagelok B-SS4-A

Thank you Jerry, I do remember McMaster-Carr from when I was working, but I had forgotten it. Today I did some disassembly of the valve and find it has 1/8 inch SwageLok male fitting ends, and the barbs are made with 1/8 inch plain tube ends that fit into the Swagelok fitting ends. So, I have to use a barb fitting with a plain 1/8 inch tube end. Some more downloading of SwageLok catalogs led me to a 1/8 inch barb with 1/8 inch tube end and I ordered a couple of them from the local supplier, who is only 80 miles away. Of course that meant I had to order replacement SwageLok rings too, but they are cheap. Now I can use my model airplane fuel tubing for a necklace or something and buy a piece of the next larger fuel tubing, which is about 1/8 inch ID. That fuel tubing looks like it is a silicone material but the store clerk didn't seem too sure about that. The store has three diameters of the tubing, small, medium and large. I asked if the small had a 2 mm bore and the clerk looked at me like I was speaking Swahili or something! So, my valve cost me $26 and so far the fittings are about $18.