RE: [APD] System 1 filter - not working?

I believe when you call "the company", you get the company
that bought the rights to the machine. I have talked with
them too and came away doubting that they understood the
machine as well as did Merril Cohen, who bought he machine
form it's inventor, iirc.

The way I remember this, and it was a few years ago, when I
returned a unit that was excessvely noisy they sent it back
saying they didn't notice any noise but didn't have any
test facilities -- they just hung it on a sink in the
bathroom.

Meanwhile, back on earth, it's a rather ingeniously
designed diatom filter, with the ingenuity aimed towards
user convenience. You can try checking for leaks (the media
holder is soundly seated in place) and if there are none
then try putting in a little more powder. Even if the
powder doesn't turn green from algae, it ought to darken
with other yuck it traps from the water.

sh