RE: [APD] AHSUPPLY's Reflectors

An excellent "quick-and-dirty" method for comparing when
using broad spectrum bulbs. But don't try to get *too*
scientific about it. The camera meter will be balanced for
diff parts of the spectrum than the plants like most and
might even show one bulb less than another if a bunch of
its output is in a range the meter isn't especially
sensitive to.

sh
--- Graham Broadbridge <graham at peachy_org> wrote:

> > This will be a subjective experiment since I have no
> means of actually
> measuring the light.
>
> Any old camera (digital or not) has a light meter built
> in which will
> give you the accuracy you need.
>
> Just set a fixed aperture that puts the shutter speed at
> 1/60 sec
> (aperture priority mode).  Install the reflector and
> measure again.   A
> shutter speed of 1/120 sec would indicate the light
> output has doubled.
>

> Graham.

=====
Christel Kasselmann,
author of the best current authoritative text on aquatic plants
will be a featured speaker at
The Northeast Council of Aquarium Societies 30th Annual Convention.
March 18-20, 2005 at the Marriott Hotel, Farmington, CT