Re: [APD] Re: Pressurized CO2 Equipment

S. Hieber at shieber at yahoo_com wrote:

>> Some  way to count bubbles is virtually mandatory.
>
> I beg to differ. It's probably the least necessary part of
> the CO2 system. It only provides an erstatz value for the
> CO2 in the water which is what one really wants to contorl.
> Much better method is to use a pH and a KH test kits and
> the pH/KH/CO2 table.

It might not be necessary, but it's easier to calibrate your first CO2
system if you have some way to guage how many bubbles it's blowing relative
to how much the pH is moving around. That said, you can easily count bubbles
without any extra gear: just stick the CO2 line in the tank water for a
minute or two.

Dan Dixon