Re: [APD] Re: Pressurized CO2 Equipment

Put that way, I'm inclined to agree, Dan. But still I would
caution anyone beginning with pressurized CO2 to do some pH
and KH tests until they have a good sense of what xx many
bublles per minute means in terms of CO2 levels on a given
aquarium set up.

Since there is such thing as too much CO2 in a fish tank,
it's best to start low and work up rather than the other
way around.

Scott H.
--- Dan Dixon <dandixon at mac_com> wrote:

> S. Hieber at shieber at yahoo_com wrote:
>
> >> Some  way to count bubbles is virtually mandatory.
> >
> > I beg to differ. It's probably the least necessary part
> of
> > the CO2 system. It only provides an erstatz value for
> the
> > CO2 in the water which is what one really wants to
> contorl.
> > Much better method is to use a pH and a KH test kits
> and
> > the pH/KH/CO2 table.
>
> It might not be necessary, but it's easier to calibrate
> your first CO2
> system if you have some way to guage how many bubbles
> it's blowing relative
> to how much the pH is moving around. That said, you can
> easily count bubbles
> without any extra gear: just stick the CO2 line in the
> tank water for a
> minute or two.

=====
Plant your feet in Washington, D.C. and touch the moon -- at the National Air & Space Museum.
And learn the art of aquascaping Senske style at AGA2K4.

Speakers, field trip, Ray "Kingfish" Lucas, and more. . .
The Annual AGA Convention, 2004, November 12-14.

Convention Details/Registration at aquatic-gardeners.org & gwapa.org