[APD] Re: Can one just give up?

I have been following this interesting thread since it started.  Obviously
there are many potential explanations, a lot centering around the chemistry
of the water in the bag in which the fish were transported.

I may be missing something, but hundreds or thousands of fish are shipped
every day by breeders to customers all over the country, and apparently most
of these survive the rigors of several days in a bag and the introduction to
the buyers' water.  Besides not feeding the fish for a few days before
shipment I don't know what special actions, if any, the breeders take, but
three days in a bag must produce pretty extreme water conditions.  Hence
maybe some of the other explanations might be closer to the truth.

Bill