Re: [APD] transporting CO2 tanks?

Has anyone thought about why the professionals transport gas bottles
vertically?  Also I was told once that if you have just had a tank refilled
you need to transport it vertically.  Mine forms ice on the outside while I
am putting it into the truck.  I snug it against the rear seat and the front
passenger seat so it stays vertical.  I think the same guy said that if the
cold liquid co2 contacted the seals in the valve that it could cause them to
go brittle or stick.

I don't want to spread any misinformation.  Can anyone confirm or repudiate
this?  Mine is a 20# tank.

Steve Pituch