[APD] Nerite Snails....problems with K2SO4?

Hiya....

I added some potassium sulphate for first time to my tank in order to raise K to about 10-20 ppm per Chuck Gadds calculator. A few hours later , I noticed all my Nerite snails are very unhappy...lying on bottom, not moving. If I take them out and put in water without K2SO4, they recover....put them back into tank, and they get unhappy again.

All other tank parameters are A-OK...ph=6.7, ammonia zero, nitites zero, nitrates 10 ppm.

Anyone else have this kind of problem with Nerite snails after adding potassium sulphate?

Thanks

Lorenzo Rota
Santa Cruz, CA