-----Original Message-----
From: aquatic-plants-bounces at actwin_com
[mailto:aquatic-plants-bounces at actwin_com] On Behalf Of Lorenzo Rota
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2004 3:29 PM
To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
Subject: [APD] Nerite Snails....problems with K2SO4?

Hiya....

I added some potassium sulphate for first time to my tank in order to
raise
K to about 10-20 ppm per Chuck Gadds calculator.  A few hours later , I
noticed all my Nerite snails are very unhappy...lying on bottom, not
moving.
   If I take them out and put in water without K2SO4, they
recover....put
them back into tank, and they get unhappy again.

All other tank parameters are A-OK...ph=6.7, ammonia zero, nitites zero,

nitrates 10 ppm.

Anyone else have this kind of problem with Nerite snails after adding
potassium sulphate?

Thanks

Lorenzo Rota
Santa Cruz, CA