Re: RE: re [APD] Re: re: Desperate Plea

Could people please stop letting their mail software add Re: indiscrimately? It may or may not screw up the Archives' threading, but it seems to screw up Opera's, and makes it impossible to sort alphabetically by subject.
Please don't let your mail software add Re: to your replies!
I don't actually know if there is any reason like some aspect of netiquette that makes people add Re:, in which case could someone inform me and the list. I don't really mind what people do, but could we please me consistent!
(I also know I am asking to much here, but what's the point of individual messaging if you can't thread them yourself?)
Any alternative suggestions would also be welcome, or more explanation into the list's threading.