-----Original Message-----
From: aquatic-plants-bounces at actwin_com
[mailto:aquatic-plants-bounces at actwin_com]On Behalf Of Chuck Gadd
Sent: Saturday, September 27, 2003 4:38 AM
To: aquatic plants digest
Subject: Re: [APD] Killer yeast?

Seweryn Bialasiewicz wrote:

> I was talking to my LFS today about my unfortunate spate of fish deaths,
> and the guy suggested that a possible cause of the deaths was of yeast
> getting into the tank via my DIY CO2 reactor bottle, then being eaten

very unlikely.  Several people have had BIG yeast accidents,
where a large amount of the contents of the yeast bottle got
pulled back into the tank.  They got extremely cloudy water,
and lots of "stuff" in the water.   In most cases, a couple
water changes, and the cloudyness goes away in a day or so,
and no fish loss.  I'm sure that if the yeast were deadly,
anyone that had even a minor yeast accident would have big
fish loss.