Re: How big a sump and automated water changes

A friend on mine had a simple way of automating his water changes. He simply
had a tap installed under the tank with a hose going into the tank, the tap
was adjusted to give a continuous drip into the tank and an overflow was
used to drain the excess water from the tank. I think the overflow hose
brought the water out into his flower bed but I'm not sure, I remember when
he first set it up it used to just dump the water in a large plastic
container that he would empty manually. I know he didn't use any water
conditioner which I guess he didn't need to considering the small amount of
water being added at any one time. I thought it was a very simple and
effective design which probably didn't cost him any more than having the tap
installed under the tank. The amount of water changed weekly would also have
been a very easy thing to adjust.

Giancarlo Podio