Re: Too much light? + PCF lighting choice

I think Tom clearly answered the "amount" of light issue in his last post. I
too remember when 1.5WPG were the norm. I'm one of those people who also
upgraded to CFs and although the plants do grow faster with more WPG, I do
have to watch the nutrients and CO2 which I'm still fighting with a little
to keep the algae to acceptable levels. I don't know when too much is too
much, I guess when you start burning leaves you might want to stop adding
more lights. The hood you are looking at would give you 3.5wpg which I think
would definetly require a CO2 system as well. As far as the bulbs to use, I
would avoid the actinic (blue) bulbs as they didn't work for me when I
purchased my hood. I now use a mixture of 10000K and 65000K and can't
complain. I think anything over 10000K might not be a good idea.

There are also other choices out there, if I were you I would find someone
that will sell you the fixture with the bulbs you need, otherwise there goes
another $100 to change them. Here's a popular supplier
http://www.ahsupply.com

Good luck

Giancarlo Podio