%&$@!&# algae

It's probably the phosphate buffer. Don't use a phosphate buffer to adjust
Ph. Why do you want to adjust the Ph anyway? If it is for controlling CO2
levels, then you're doing it wrong. My guess is that you have been not only
using drops of the phosphate buffer, but have been actually squirting in
doses of it because it takes so much to drop the Ph just a little bit. I did
the same thing when I started in this hobby. Do some water changes and get
that phosphate down. Maybe when you pick up an Fe test kit you should get a
phosphate kit too, wish I had. I like the Sera test kits for Iron and
phosphate.

-Travis

Where it actually warmed up to 20-degrees today.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---