Re: SA Catfish -- Feeding Ancistri and Dreams

Rachel Sandage said, in part:

> In any case, remember that unless you are growing algae on purpose,
> and
> maybe even then, you'll need to supplement their diet with algae tabs
> and/or
> fresh veggies like zucchini, lettuce, or peas.

Thanks, Rachel,

Now when my wife asks about my most troublesome tank, "Why is there all
that algae in there?" I can say, "That's supposed to be there, it's
food for the Ancistrus!"

If I get really good at planted aquaria, and the algae (er, food)
disappears, then the exchange will be, "What happened to zucchini I
bought Saturday?"   "It's food for the Ancistrus, Dear; I ran out of
algae again."  :-)  Well, I can dream can't I?

Scott H.