Re: Rip Van Winkle wakes up and is blinded by the light

> Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 01:31:03 -0700
> From: "Robert H" <robertph3 at attbi_com>

> Well I realize you are a bit older than me, but I don't know how far back
> your "old days" are.

We started planted tanks in 1986. I think there was a alt.aquaria.??? FAQ
back then with the good old 2-3 w/g numbers.

> I took the numbers from everyone and sort of averaged them togther

Oh, my goodness :-)

> And George, I thought you used to run Metal Halides?

We still do - two 175w over a 120 g tank. But ... they are suspended high
enough above the tank so that the intensity at the surface is that same as
the 1.6 w/g tanks (15,000 Lux), so I consider it to be 1.6 w/g also.

George Booth in Ft. Collins, CO (gbooth at frii dot com)
  The website for Aquatic Gardeners by Aquatic Gardeners
      http://aquaticconcepts.thekrib.com (mirror)
      http://www.frii.com/~gbooth/AquaticConcepts/