Re: Hornwort!

Chris wrote:

> Hi, I used a bit of Melafix in my 55gal tank, mostly as a precaution,
 > BEFORE I had learned that medicines like this kill Hornwort!

I've used melafix on my planted tanks in the past with no problems.

I suspect something else is killing the hornwort.

I had a massive hornwort die-off the first time I treated for Ich.
It wasn't due to the medicine, but rather due to blacking the tank
out, and raising the temps.  And when hornwort dies off, it makes
a HUGE mess, like a christmas tree that was left in the living room
till February!