Re: CO2 & denitrators - dumb question time...

Kevin Buckley wrote:

> The current issue of a U.K fish (& recently plants) mag. is
> running a review of denitrators.
>
> A common theme is that the various columns, in addition to
> being low (free of?) Oxygen, need to have a "source of
> Carbon".
>
> I guess pumping CO2 gas in there directly & combining the
> functions of dinitrator, CO2 reactor & "feeding" Carbon (in
> the form of dissolved CO2/Carbonic Acid) to the denitrifying
> bacteria isn't a possibility?
>
> Regards, Kevin

If you are referring to a denitrator for a planted tank, I don't think
it's necessary. I have to add nitrate to my tank to keep the levels up.
The plants eat it very fast as long as CO2, light, and micronutrients
are good. I even have to add phosphates.

--
Jerry Baker