Eheim Professional II

Regarding the Eheim Professional II:

When one looks at the initial cost of an Eheim, please don't forget
about media changes and your time. For example, I've been running an
Ehiem 2026 on a 50gal planted tank for over 4 months now and have never had
to open it up once. Using the recommended media, the flowrate
(it has an indicator ball) has not decreased at all yet. At this rate,
I'll probably be able to go 6 months or more without "cleaning" the
media. I said "cleaning" because most of the recommended media is
reusable numerous times as well. When I consider all the "wrestling" I
did with my Magnum 350, I am now in filter heaven - well almost - I
wish I had gotten a wet/dry so I could get the heater and reactor out
of my tank.

--
Best regards,

E.W. Marshall