Re: Nitrate Test Problem

I experienced similar anomalous results when I used the Red Sea nitrate kit.
And I have since read (probably on alt.aquaria) of at least one other user
who ran into the same problem.  I made up a test solution and ran the tests
on that.  The result (as I recall) was that Test #1 was correct and Test #2
(the more "accurate" test) was incorrect.
I returned the kit to the dealer who gave me my money back.  I then bought a
Hach kit with a color wheel and have been very pleased with it.
John T. Fitch
Web Page: www.fitchfamily.com