Re: Nitrate Test Problem

I am using a Red Sea  Nitrate test  kit that provides two test methods.
Method #2 uses three liquid reagents and is described to be the more accurate
test.  Method #1uses a powder and one liquid reagent.  the instructions state
that if method #2 returns a value of less than 2.5 ppm, then confirm with
method #1.

Problem:  With  method #2 I just determined 0  ppm.  Method #1 however
returns greater than 20 ppm.  This is repeatable, even  after carefulrinsing
of the test container in tap water followed by a rinse in the tank being
tested.  Anyone else have a similar experience?  Suggestions?   The
instructions state that the local water supply may contain contaminants that
would invalidate test results.  They offer no recommended action if Test #1
does not confirm Test #2 results.  I'd call the Red Sea customer service rep,
but he is probably busy defending his family.