Re: of little plants that get too Big

Roger Miller wrote:

>Second is Cryptocoryne "willisii". I thought this plant was a small,
docile foreground plant. Today I tore out my entire Frankenstein's
monster of a stand and replanted just a few individuals. The plants were
as much as 10 inches high and varied in color from light green to
bronze. The leaf blades are narrow and lanceolate with slightly undulate
margins. The petioles were about as long or slighly longer than the
blades. The roots were a white, brittle and tangled mess. Plantlets
arose from the base of the larger plants and from runners that extended
as much as 18 inches across the tank. All in all it looks a bit like C.
wendtii's little brother, but I've never seen C. wendtii put out long
runners.
Does this sound like a real C. "willisii"? The shop where I bought it
frequently mislabels plants, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if it
isn't C. "willisii" <

Sounds like your describing almost exactly my C. willisii I bought from
http://users.jagunet.com/~fishvet/ .
Though mine isn't as large and spreading yet. Very dark bronze and looks
like a smaller version of my 'wendtii'. I just figured they screwed up.
Love it though. Leaves don't deteriorate like the 'wendtii' but that's a
subject for another time.

Kyle
TN US