RE: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #929

#> Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 08:50:31 -0600
#> From: "Stuart" <stuart at nbtx_com>
#> Subject: Re: CO2 controller....
#>
#> Dave Gomberg Wrote:
#> >I really don't understand what all this is about.   There
#are huge pH
#> >swings in natural ponds, and yet the fish and plants do
#fine.   What is
#it
#> >we are trying to achieve here?
#>
#>
#> The idea is to adjust KH to about 4.5 - 5 and then use CO2
#to lower the PH
#
#sorry, this idea is *NOT* correct. You purge CO2 _only_ to get
#(or hold) a
#certain level of CO2, let's say 15 mg/l CO2. If the pH will
#decrease by this
#purching and you don't like this, then you have to increase the KH. CO2
#should _not_ used for changing the pH!!! Again: CO2 is a
#fertilizer for the
#plants and not a tool for changing the pH.
#
#Regards Klaus.
#

This is my first repay and i hope it comes in correct.

Klaus,

Maintaining the correct amount of CO2 is a function Ph versus KH.
So for an aquarium with a KH of x the correct Ph would be Y.
Ergo: a Ph controller can achive this by increasing the amount of CO2 and
thereby lewering your Ph.

In my case i have a KH of 8, and Gh of 14 and a Ph of 8 without CO2. With
this KH the correct amount of CO2 will beachived at an Ph of 7. So adjusting
Ph to 7 by CO2 injection has the desired effect.

Are am i missing something?

Regards, Armand

Deze e-mail en de inhoud daarvan is vertrouwelijk. Indien dit bericht niet
voor u bestemd is, verzoeken wij u deze e-mail direct aan ons te retourneren
en daarna te vernietigen. In dit geval is het ook niet toegestaan deze
e-mail en de inhoud daarvan te gebruiken, kopiėren of openbaar te maken aan
derden. Holland Railconsult B.V. sluit elke aansprakelijkheid uit in verband
met het niet juist, onvolledig of niet tijdig overkomen van de informatie in
deze e-mail.

This e-mail and its contents are confidential and may be legally privileged.
If this e-mail is not intended for you, please contact us immediately by
reply e-mail and destroy the e-mail. In this case, please do neither use,
nor copy or disclose the e-mail and its contents to anyone. Holland
Railconsult B.V. is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission
of the information in this e-mail nor for any delay in its receipt.