Growing Small leaved Water Lilies?

    Hi Everyone,

    After checking the archives, I still have a question about Dwarf lilies.
I'm wondering if there is a variety that stays green (not getting red) under
high light, and that has surface leaves that are smaller than 3" diameter.  I
have seen some, in unfertilized tanks with moderate light, that stay that
small, but wonder if they would be bigger in a fertilized plant tank with
high light.
    My 40 gal. tank has 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 " unfertilized Flourite substrate, and
I use the phosphate limiting approach for fertilization.  Highest summer tank
temp.- 79 d.  I'm not as interested in promoting flowering as I am in small
leaf size, but I do want to grow them with surface leaves rather than
submerse.  If I didn't put macro-nutrients at their roots, would that keep
the leaf size down?  And would they be 'happy' under those conditions, or
would I be asking to much of them?

    Thanks Alot,

    Zach K