[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: How much florite?
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: How much florite?
- From: Heide Li <boingy at ugcs_caltech.edu>
- Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 11:32:55 -0700
- In-Reply-To: <200008130748.DAA14902 at actwin_com>; from Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com on Sun, Aug 13, 2000 at 03:48:03AM -0400
- References: <200008130748.DAA14902 at actwin_com>
Here's a bit of a late answer - I also have a standard 75 gallon
in which I used 8 bags (15 lbs each) of Fluorite to make a pure
fluorite substrate. It's sloped pretty linearly from the front
to the rear of the tank, with about 2.5 - 3 inches in front and 4 inches
at the back. I like this depth, but you could probably get by
with 6-7 bags and still have a pretty good amount, depending on
how large your plants' root systems will get.
>Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 15:37:29 -0500
>From: "Len Kutz" <len at kutzfamily_net>
>Subject: How much florite?
>I'm going to be moving my tank within the next few weeks, so of couse this
>is a good time to change the substrate. I'm think about using a florite.
>I've got a standard 75 gallon tank. How much florite should I get? How
>deep should the substrate be? Depending on the cost I may get 75% florite
>and 25% gravel.