Bristlenose & Clown Plecs

Just wanted to post a tidbit about the above mentioned fish. I removed both
from a tank where I was having trouble with sword plants being damaged. I
also noticed a lot of uprooting of small crypts and shoots that were newly
planted, as they scouted around for food. I figured they probably don't do
much in the way of work around the tank, since I provide supplemental
feeding, so I removed them. I gave them to a friend locally, who has many
tanks.

BTW, these were the easiest fish I've ever caught. The clown plec took all of
about 10 seconds. I removed his driftwood, he scurried in the corner and down
came the net. The bristlenose was a bit harder, because he wanted to hide in
a java fern-covered driftwood. Still he didn't run from the net, I just had
to try to get him off the driftwood!

Anyway, less than a week later, the front of the tank is getting pretty mucky
in spots. I assume the bristlenose did his cleanup at night. This kept the
glass reasonably clean--enough that I was only occasionally (like every few
months) having to wipe it down, and occasionally remove those tufts of
staghorn. Now it's evident that his nightly grazing was sufficient to keep
the glass clear.

Of course, I suppose I could get him back if I wanted, but what about those
sword plants?

Sylvia