Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #476

In a message dated 8/15/00 3:56:48 AM Eastern Daylight Time,

<<
 Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 18:04:24 EDT
 From: "D. Grim" <discusdave at hotmail_com>
 Subject: Can we treat each other better?

 I can only speak for myself, but I'm really getting tired of these flames.
 Dwight, you made your point, many times.  Is there really a need for as much
 open hostility as you have shown James these last couple of days?
James,
 someone told me once if one person tells you you aren't acting right they
 may be wrong, but if five people tell you you aren't acting right then maybe
 you need to look at yourself and what you are doing.  How about a truce?

 Dave
 ________________________________________________________________________ >>
I too can only speak for myself although I believe the entire American
Killifish Association (AKA) both past and present would agree with James as
well as any Ichthyologist.  To me rather than making a point Dwight has only
shown an unwillingness to accept the fact of the specie name being after the
state of Florida in the first place  On the other hand James has been correct
from the beginning concerning Jordanella Floridae.  Instead of a truce why
not unconditional surrender by Dwight.  As to flames are all disagreements to
be classified as flames and prohibited?  I would think not so long as they
are presented in a civil manner.

Goode and Bean, 1879 In "A preliminary catalogue of fishes of the St. Johns
River", Proc. Nat. Mus., II, pg 117 first described Jordanella floridae.  The
Genera Jordanella is after the American Ichthyologist David Starr Jordan.
The Species floridae is after the state of Florida.  Both have a Latinized
ending.

Allen McNealy