Metal Halide Light

Hello,

A friend received a few metal halide lights... just need to plug them in and
they work.. not in a pendant.. more like a shop light with a swival head?..
anyways it's a 250 watt MH and I was thinking of replacing my flourscent
lighting over my 66 gallon tank with this metal halide light.. here's the
problem... my tank's on a cabinet and the tank's 24" tall.. so the top of
the tank is 5'5" .... I don't want to mount or hang the lights point
straight down because if I sit down to look at the tank I don't really like
to have the MH lights shine above me.. but I was thinking of say mounting
the lights 1/2 feet in front/directly above the tank and angling (less than
45 degrees) towards the tank surface.. would there be sufficient light for
my plants in the back? any comments or suggestions?

Thank You
Raymond Wong

Please Visit My Aquarium Page : (adding more pix everyday) (Pictures of my
fish,plants,tanks)
http://welcome.to/myapisto