Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #385

on 7/4/00 7:48 PM, Aquatic Plants Digest at Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com
wrote:

> Hello everyone:) I have a large piece of driftwood
> 36"x16"x20" that I pulled out of a back woods fresh
> water river and I was wondering about steralizing it.

It wouldn't work in this case since the piece is too large, but for smaller
pieces I've microwaved them.

You _CANNOT_ walk away from this process. I don't know what would happen if
you left the wood cooking for too long, but I'd bet it would be unpleasant.
The wood heats up pretty quick--a minute or so as I recall on small pieces.
As soon as I get a woody scent I remove it. Use potholders to remove it, the
wood gets hot enough to cause discomfort <g>

Susan