Re: Tempered Grass Tank (sic)

Wright wrote:

This pre-stressing makes tempered glass extra sensitive to scratches. It
takes very little to make the whole window disintegrate. Since gravel
scratches are common in aquaria, I, personally, would not trust (or even
use) a tank that had any tempered glass in it. YMMV.

Wayne relates:

One time I was carrying a large sheet of tempered glass and I merely dragged
the corner of the sheet on concrete sidewalk a little. The whole pane of
glass disintegrated in my hands leaving me with a pile of little cubes.
Trust me I was very suprised.

Wayne