Re: Removing biological filtration

Stephen,

I have almost the exact setup you describe, except that my filter "was"
an Emporer 400, which has two biowheels.  I removed that filter almost
four months ago now and have had no problems.  You don't say what your
fish load is, but if it isn't high you should be OK.  I have 30
Cardinals, 2 Angelfish, 2 SAE, 5 Otocinclus, and 3 red platys that do a
fine job as surface skimmers!  I would probably still monitor your water
for a while just to be safe, and your CO2 rate will need to be monitored
closely at first too.  I was able to drop mine from about 150 bubbles
per minute to about 30, to maintain a pH of 6.8.

Good luck!

Mike