Re: CO2 Test Kits

on 01:48 AM 4/8/00 , James Purchase wrote:

>The people who have had bad luck with Red Sea kits might just have lucked
>into a bunch of old test kits which had been sitting on dealers shelves.

I doubt it, I bought mine from Pet Warehouse and had the same results
everyone else reports. With their turnover I doubt it sat on the shelf for
long.

Aged reagents might be the problem, but I don't think Red Sea dates their
kits (as, for example, Mardel does with their test strips) so there's no
way to know what you're getting.

I bought the Red Sea "deluxe" master test kit and the only tests I haven't
found problems with are the ammonia and pH tests...

--
michael moncur   mgm at starlingtech_com   http://www.starlingtech.com/
"Tact is the ability to describe others as they see themselves."