Re:96w power compacts

On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, Todd wrote:

> Actually I think 4 x 96w is a little overkill, since power
> compacts put out more lumens per watt than do regular flourescents.
> about twice as much.

Just a minor nit: Power compacts do put out slightly more LPW than regular
fluorescents, but not twice as much.  The literature I have shows Power
Compacts' efficiency as similar to T-8's.  Maybe 50% more efficient in LPW
than old 40W fluorescent bulbs. And the older 9W and 13W compact
fluorescents are same efficiency as old fluorescents.

  - Erik

--
Erik Olson
erik at thekrib dot com