Re:96w power compacts

"Todd" <tmccarv1 at midsouth_rr.com> wrote:
<snip>
>please.  Actually I think 4 x 96w is a little overkill, since power
>compacts put out more lumens per watt than do regular flourescents.
>about twice as much. So I will probably just use 2 bulbs.  I have asked
<snip>
The correct factor is not 2, but something in between 1 and 1.5. Some
"normal" fluorescents such as the Phillips Advantage 5000 K are as efficient
as a 5000K triphosphor PC, as far as lumens/watt go. The same PC is about
1.5 more efficient than a full spectrum C50 normal fluorescent, but that is
not a fair comparison since the phospor mix and thus the CRI is not the same.

-Ivo Busko
 Baltimore, MD