Re: NFC: Re: Heterandria

robert a rice wrote:

> that remains a good question....Kim the guy from Arizona is a gentisist
> and he reports that studies have found that melanism is a usually
> detrimental quality in fish  so he would be surprised if the melanistic
> heterandria bred...He also keeps  heterandria....

This has been found to be true with angelfish;  while the melanistic
strains of angelfish are desireable, the diet for these fish needs to be
rich.  It seems to be quite a nutritional strain to maintain the deeper
pigments.  I seem to remember reading about it in TFH maybe about 10
years ago or so.

--

"I would remind you that extremism in defense of liberty is no vice; and
I would remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no