RE: NFC: Rosy reds

>plenty of streams nearby, unfortunately they are all flooded due to last
>weeks warms spell. I am feeding some fast growing Oscars as part of an
>Aquaponics experiment to see weight gain -Vs- input of feed type . A blind
>taste test gave higher marks for Oscar meat over Tilapia . But I'm using both
>in separate experiments.

Hey, that's interesting.  Are you doing this on your own or are you in
someone's employ?  I suppose you know that oscars do not require live food.
I have been raising mine on dry, stick food for years.  I would guess
that, in a production situation, live feeders would be much more expensive
that prepared feed.

Mark Binkley
Columbus Ohio USA          <))><
mbinkley at earthling_net