Re: NFC: Peltier Junction Cooling

>> Has anyone attempted to use a Peltier Junction as a cooling device for an
>> aquarium?
>
>I have considered this but it would be more expensive than just
>getting a chiller.  You would need a lot of PJ's to do the job, and
>last time I checked they were about $10 each. Plus, you would
>have to figure out a way to get rid of all the heat which, although
>not terribly difficult, adds to the expense and complexity.

So how many do you figure would be needed on a certain size tank?  Seems
like as long as your heat loss via the PJ is greater than your heat input
from the air and from devices, you could, over time, reach the desired
temp.  Time should not be a limiting factor in an aquarium setup.  A
gradual change would be preferable anyway.

Mark Binkley
Columbus Ohio USA          <))><
mbinkley at earthling_net