Re: Fw: Daphnia stuff from the web.........

I use a 12' foot above ground swimming pool a large air stone in the middle
with about 50lbs. of composted cow manure, two cups of lime and a hand full of
hay.  After the water turns green add the daphnia magna (the only kind that
will maintain a long term culture) they do tend to die back during the late
summer so I clean out the pool and start over which is what I am doing now.  I
can feed a very large number of fish as well as sell to pet shops from this
one pool.  I freeze them in ice cube trays and put the cubes in freezer bags
for when I am starting a new culture.

Michael