Re: Fw: Daphnia stuff from the web.........

Mike.

Would you like to sell/trade me a starter culture ? Can I run the same
setup in 55 gallon garbage can ? That would be the way to go I would
think for a small home setup........

On Mon, 7 Sep 1998 21:00:33 EDT Moontanman at aol_com writes:
>I use a 12' foot above ground swimming pool a large air stone in the
>middle
>with about 50lbs. of composted cow manure, two cups of lime and a hand
>full of
>hay.  After the water turns green add the daphnia magna (the only kind
>that
>will maintain a long term culture) they do tend to die back during the
>late
>summer so I clean out the pool and start over which is what I am doing
>now.  I
>can feed a very large number of fish as well as sell to pet shops from
>this
>one pool.  I freeze them in ice cube trays and put the cubes in
>freezer bags
>for when I am starting a new culture.
>

>Michael

Robert Rice
Help Preserve our Aquatic Heritage join the NFC
email us at NFC at actwin_com
website  http:\\nativefish.interspeed.net\

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]