Re: Plants for a shiner tank

> Hi;
>    I'm going to have to disagree with y'all about the use of UG filters in a
> plant tank.  I have a 20 gal. high, river-type tank,  that has been set up
> for almost four years.  I use an undergravel filter with a small powerhead
> as my only source of filtration.

<etc., etc.>

I have succesfully used UGF's in planted aquaria too, but abandoned
them for a variety of reasons (unable to use enriched subtrata, baby
fish getting sucked into the gravel, etc.,).  I use biowheels now for
small aquaria, and sponge or fluidized bed for larger tanks.

Prost,

Martin

Greater American Freshwater Fishes Resource Site (GAFFeRs):  http://www.localink4.com/~archimedes/

"Fie on thee, fellow!  Whence come these fishes?" - Scheherazade

"Any fish with good teeth is liable to use them." - Wm. T. Innes