Re: making armor for a living

BG Granier wrote:

> ----------
> > From: Herb Harris <top_side at geocities_com>
> >snip<
>
>  got any idea just how they go
> > about getting the right measurements?
>
> Yeah, very carefully!
>

> > Herb
> >

> > mcclurg luke e wrote:
> > >
> > > Actually....I have friends who make armor for a living.  Seriously!
> > >
> > > I'm sure they could make you something.
>snip<
> > > On Tue, 21 Jul 1998 Phylesis at aol_com wrote:
>snip<

Now I guess it would be a delicate, careful sort of thing to get the
measurements right, but what I mean is once his friends made it, just
how can ya be sure it will come off once ya got it on, as it would be a
hard thing to walk around with all day, don't ya see?
	Just imagine it, all decked out in the leg amour, at about what? $50 a
shot per leg or so maybe? (don't know what the going price is fer that
sort of thing) and then can't even get it off when yor through fer the
day! Now it would seem that you'd need some way to be sure that you are
getting your money's worth, maybe provide a slip ring or some sort of
elastic to sort hold everything in place till it was time to come off.
	I don't know, guess I'd better save my money fer needed items, but that
offer that Luke made to put his friends in touch was tempting, and quite
unexpected. Course, the offer may have only applied to Daryl, but I
though I'd try to nail down some of the particulars on the deal just in
case the offer was good for all that might be in need of amour.

TTYL