Re: spotted bullheads

-----Original Message-----
From: Jay DeLong <jdelong at nwifc_wa.gov>

>I'm not sure the deeply-forked tail description for the spotted
>bullhead is accurate.

My bad. But I did learn something: when Samuel Eddy wrote the second edition
of "How to Know the Freshwater Fishes", he didn't know spotted bullheads.
It's tail is not deeply forked, but it is known for its light spots (as in
the on-line photo you mentioned; which is now my computer wallpaper). It
sounds like the beasts in question have dark spots. Sorry for the miscue.

Ed Matheson